The Missiles and Weapons Systems (MWS) organization is dynamic and growing with a leadership team focused on attracting and developing top talent in support of critical missions for National Defense and Strategic Deterrence. Connected to our customers' missions, we deliver unique capability through our exceptional talent. The programs that we support in Huntsville, Alabama include Ground-based Midcourse Defense, Next Gen Interceptor, precision-guided munitions, and Integrated Air & Missile Defense products (PAC-3, Avenger, ABMD); Missile Defense Agency National Team (Systems Engineering, C2BMC), and Strategic Deterrence Systems (which includes Minuteman ICBM support and guidance system repair).
Position Responsibilities May Include:
- Assists with performance analysis to optimize total system and/or system architecture to solve complex missile defense problems.
- Supports interdisciplinary, collaborative approaches to plan, design, develop and verify system solutions.
- Assists with definition and coordination of system performance requirements and technical parameters.
- Assists with definition of high level functional and performance requirements and verification methods, subsequent analysis, decomposition, and derivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements, and tracking them through design, verification, integration, and operational validation
- Assists with performance analysis for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance, product security (cyber security) and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Assists with risk assessments and generate mitigation plans for various programs with regard to compliance with system requirements and customer capabilities
- Assists with development of verification and validation methods, processes, logic, and plans in support of program milestones.
- Assist in developing and documenting electronic and electrical system requirements
- Assist in analyzing and translating requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications
- Assist in test and validation to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Utilization of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools such as DOORS, Cameo, and mathematical modeling and simulation to develop system definitions and perform trade studies in assigned areas.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience in Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Individual must be capable of working both independently and in a team environment.