Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx Holdings Inc., operating through its wholly owned subsidiary BlueLinx Corporation, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,700 people, BlueLinx offers greater than 10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service approximately 11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business from sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and its vast network of distribution centers located throughout the U.S. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.
Position Purpose Summary:
Bluelinx Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide technical expertise in the development and support of Application and Operation activities, processes, and tools for a stable and organized environment. The Systems Engineer will serve as the owner for all virtual & physical, hosted & local environments, ensuring performance, accessibility, and stability of systems as they align with organizational policies, standards and industry best practices.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated competencies and visionary leadership experience to contribute toward the functional integration and management of applications and services with core internal and external infrastructure and partners. A successful candidate will exemplify the company’s core values of Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Integrity. Accordingly, this person will understand the business unit objectives while setting and accomplishing individual performance goals.
- Identify, Determine Cause, and Corrects Instances of Server Performance Degradation
- Monitor and Tune Systems to Achieve Optimum Performance Levels
- Ensure Data/Media Recoverability via Backup and Disaster Recovery Processes and Procedures
- Develop and Test Disaster Recovery Solution
- Conducts Incident Response and Resolution
- Support Helpdesk with Level 2 & 3 Issues
- Conducts Routine Hardware and Software Audits of Workstations and Servers to Ensure Compliance with Established Standards, Policies, Configuration and Change Management Guidelines
- Recommend Appropriate Hardware/Software Platforms and System Integrations to Support Business Needs
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- 7+ years’ Experience in a Systems Administrator Role preferred; AS/400 experience a Plus
- Solid Foundation of Cloud Based Architectures: Azure, AWS, Private Data Centers, etc.
- Manage Microsoft Office 365 Integration with Premise Based Active Directory
- Extensive Experience with Microsoft Server 2012 and above Operating Systems
- Microsoft SCCM Server and CISCO experienced preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Certification Recommended
- VMware knowledge required
- Group Policy Management
- Fluent Power Shell Ability