GENERAL DESCRIPTION – PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Systems Engineer (SE) will provide technical leadership as an equipment, system, and product specialist. The SE is responsible to identify, lead, develop, and execute solutions for performance improvements through strong business partnership, strategic productivity, capacity solutions and continuous improvement efforts. This role will provide technical solutions across the site, working with a cross functional team.
- Identify, develop, lead, and execute equipment and system improvements that deliver financial benefits. (overuse reduction, reliability improvements, Driving SU Process)
- Develop & deliver technical training for various levels of the organization
- Owner of data and data accuracy to drive zero loss across systems
- Daily focus on line improvements through advanced data analysis, prioritization of loss elimination opportunities, and management of rate strategy
- Provide key technical support in vertical start up process for capital projects
Food and Human Safety
- Demonstrate clear understanding and execution of human and food safety practices
Technical Knowledge & Leadership
- Demonstrate understanding of unit op functionality and key transformations
- Demonstrate product and material knowledge
- Demonstrate and coach problem solving
- Demonstrate expertise in manufacturing information systems
- Develop and maintain material balances and unit operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters, and formulas.
- Demonstrate understanding of quality metrics, analysis methods and procedures
- Provide leadership in application of performance metrics (data accuracy)
- Coach and provide technical expertise on foundational systems (process centerline, CILs, basic conditions, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years (5-10 preferred) related work experience in process and/or packaging engineering, process/ system development, product development, quality engineering, or manufacturing.
- Demonstrates technical leadership, adaptability, analytical and problem-solving skills, decision making, and trouble-shooting abilities
- Demonstrates ability to work with and influence diverse groups at various levels and across functions.
- Experience with General Mills’ plant manufacturing system working with plant operators, maintenance, leadership, research and development
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective written and oral communications and strong listening skills
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Judgment / Problem Solving
- Learning Agility
- Leverage Broader Organization
- Process Leadership/Coaching
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.