The Systems Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware, software, and operating systems of physical and virtual endpoints in support of business requirements. You will perform installations and upgrades to operating systems and specific layered software packages as well as create/maintain endpoint profiles
Essential Duties (Primary Responsibilities) include the following.
- Identify deficiencies of both technical issues and business processes, elevates risk to team lead and/or reporting management, and propose innovative solutions.
- Architect and maintain global workstation environments, throughout the enterprise.
- Maintain endpoint images and profiles to meet company requirements and standards.
- Work with internal customers to determine their equipment and software needs.
- Research and determine hardware requirements for desktops and laptops as enterprise standards.
- Responsible for Hardware Asset Management; the coordination of deploying and reclaiming corporate IT Assets in accordance with the corporate IT Asset Management policy.
- Work with IT Asset Management Vendor to recycle and dispose of non-mission critical workstation equipment.
- Potentially work as a project manager, team lead or team member on various projects.
- Perform system software and hardware upgrades and changes, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordination.
- Monitor, measure, and test current/new infrastructure products and services.
- Responsible for Software Asset Management; the record keeping of licensed software and overall software deployments to workstations enterprise wide.
- Develop and ensure deployment documentations such as design and environment specifications, user and technical manuals, and process documentation.
- Responsible for Patch management activities of Microsoft related software using WSUS/SCUP and SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), Microsoft Endpoint Management, and Windows Update for Business (WufB).
- Third party patch management with Ivanti via SCCM or similar tools.
- Identity and Access Management
- Office365 and Azure administration
- Endpoint deployment and protection
- Track workload, assign tasks, and mentor junior team members when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hands-on experience with maintaining and troubleshooting Operating Systems such as Windows 7, 8, 10, Embedded, Mac OS Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra.
- Experience deploying, updating, and troubleshooting System Center Endpoint Protection and related Malware Definitions.
- Advanced command line and scripting experience using either BATCH, PowerShell, Python, VBS.
- Working knowledge of SCCM and SCUP (System Center Update Publisher) in a single Primary Site.
- Expert understanding and troubleshooting of computer hardware.
- Working knowledge and configuration of server 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2016 is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft patching and update/upgrade methodologies.
- Working knowledge of PC imaging, software deployment technologies and tools including Sysprep, WinPE, MDT, and Azure Autopilot for unattended install files and scripting.
- Working Knowledge of Endpoint Management solutions Including but not limited to Microsoft Endpoint Management, InTune, Windows Update for Business, MDM and JAMF
- Working knowledge of Azure Co-management and Cloud Management Gateway
- Application packaging and image management standards
- Security hardening technologies and concepts
- Active Directory group policy standards
- Networking concepts (DHCP, VLANs, ACLs, Firewalls, etc) ITIL concepts and processes (change management, quality testing, SLAs)
- Proven engineer experience: research, analysis, planning, and implementation.
- Proven ability to work in an organized manner while working on various tasks.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities is mandatory.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication is mandatory.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to handle shifting priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to mentor engineers is required. (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility)
- Must be an assertive team player with positive attitude and high energy level.
- Able to participate in after-hours on-call activities.
- 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
- 401K match up to 6%
- 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
- Mentorship with industry professionals