This Systems Engineer is a key member of our delivery teams and is the embedded SME from our Engineering Center of Excellence. This is an opportunity to take on an influential role in BECU IT Business Delivery teams as we build and maintain technology solutions that allow us to support our members.
It's a chance to build on your existing engineering skills and to be a part of a team that’s delivering innovative products to our members and our internal business stakeholders. BECU is also moving towards delivering my services in Azure, so the role would be an opportunity to showcase your Azure skills and continue to develop them over time.
What you'll do
- Supports the system life cycle in BECU’s multi-platform environment by implementing and maintaining an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure that offers uninterrupted service for our customers.
- Own and improve the Build and Release process including technologies needed for the build engineering; TFS, Azure DevOps, TFVC, Git, NuGet, PowerShell, MsBuild, VsTest and Mstest.
- Set up and configure F5 application load balancers or similar load balancing technology
- Potentially develop C# .NET code in support of delivery pipeline
- Think holistically around what types of automated tests could be run to validate new functionality
- Configure and secure IIS Web servers or equivalent experience with similar web server technology
The skills you'll need
- You need thrive in a T-Shaped structure. We look for individuals who can not only bring deep engineering skills but who have the breadth and desire to get in and code as a developer when necessary.
- You’ll need proven ability to perform well in a fast paced challenging environment and a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- You'll need comprehensive knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tooling such as Github, continuous deployment, docker and Teraform.
You should have:
- 5 years minimum Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- F5 or (equivalent) load balancing expertise
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service knowledge
- Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS) is desirable
- PowerShell expertise & C# working knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the MS stack, including IIS
- TFS Build/Release knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle and systems architecture required.
- VM & Git working knowledge
- Full time hours required, with occasional travel and the ability to adapt to flexible work hours.
- Weekend, nights and holiday work may be required.
- Tier 4 Application Support; no requirement for an on-call rotation