Axom is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team! The Engineer will analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification,Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
- Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
- Seven (7) years experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.