Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
We are currently searching for a Systems Engineer / AWS Cloud Architect to provide support to the National Institutes of Health(NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
The Systems Engineer / AWS Cloud Architect will administer high performance scientific computing platforms, infrastructure, and support research projects.
- Utilize your experience in multiple disciplines including high performance computing (HPC), cloud, architecture, design, network, security and systems to implement and provide advanced system engineering services to the National institutes of Health (NIH).
- Manage, administer and support daily operation of computing systems both onsite and in the cloud.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable High-Availability (HA) and Fault-Tolerant (FT) computing systems.
- Following the best cloud computing practice by utilizing Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) and other advanced technical cloud features.
- Investigate and provide technical options to managers and researchers for selecting effective computing solutions based on requirements.
- Minimum five years of hands-on systems administration/engineering experience with Linux.
- Minimum three years with Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing.
- Extensive administration experience in GPU-based platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing computing performance and measurement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of security compliance and security control.
- Proficient skills in shell scripting, Ruby, Perl or Python.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to identify priorities to accomplish a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work with people at every level.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Configuration Management (CM) process and software development tools such as Git, GitLab, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven or JIRA.
- Knowledge of statistics, numeric modeling, data analyzing and machine learning.
- Administration experience in F5 load balancing.
- Knowledge of FISMA and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process.
- AWS certification at Professional level.
- Experience with cloud CLI and SDK.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or other equivalent engineering disciplines from a reputable college.