DESCRIPTIONAvidyne is seeking a Systems Engineer to develop and certify our next generation airborne sensors, displays, and flight management systems. This position demands a high energy, self motivated individual who is comfortable working independently and coordinating within Avidyne as well as with customers and suppliers to achieve results.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing FAA certified avionics products and systems that satisfy customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Develop, update, and/or refine standard practices and tools for systems engineering tasks to support avionics systems development
- Read and comprehend various technical standards, and convert those standards into requirements for a system implementing those standards
- Author specifications, requirements, test cases, and test procedures
- Author requirements, specifications, and verification tests of system software and hardware
- Guide the development effort through all phases of a formal software and hardware development lifecycle via Avidyne's internal process, DO-178B, and DO-254 as required
- Perform requirements development, system analysis, architecture design, and regulatory compliance verification while developing FAA-certified avionics products
- Ensure our products satisfy customer, regulatory, and internal requirements
- Complete System Safety Assessments (SSA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Reliability Predictions per FAA guidance and industry or military standards.
- Coordinate Design Reviews, perform verification tests, and publish verification reports
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers, FAA certification authorities, and other invested parties as required
POSITION REQUIREMENTSMinimum Qualifications:
- BS in Systems or other Engineering discipline, Math, or Physics
- 2+ years of systems engineering experience in aviation
- Knowledge and experience with aircraft avionics systems
- Experience with commercial avionics standards and processes (DO-178C, DO-254, AC 23.1309-1E, etc.)
Highly Desired Experience:
- Advanced degree or other formal training in Systems Engineering
- Avionics or aviation background, pilot's license, or a passion for flight safety
- A working knowledge of various software/hardware development processes
- A successful track record in the development of avionics
- Experience with DOORS Requirements Management software
- Familiarity with FAA TSO, STC, ASTM, and/or TC processes
- Familiarity with DO-160 environmental qualification including HIRF/lightning
- Systems engineering experience with CFR 14 Part 23, 25, 27, or 29 aircraft, RTCA/DO-178C (software development), RTCA/DO-254 (complex hardware development), and project management.