Using business driven requirements, plans and designs enterprise systems infrastructure including the evaluation and implementation of hardware and software products, engineers, and tests technology solutions. Monitors the day-to-day performance of the infrastructure and may work with project teams on the integration of new systems. Creates strategies and develops resolutions for complex problems, incidents and outage situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the evaluation and implementation of new products and technologies, which typically cover a broad variety of enterprise-class infrastructure disciplines.
- Researches and recommends innovative technologies and approaches for enterprise infrastructure management, upgrades, or improvements, while adhering to technical or budgetary constraints.
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying interactions and appropriate interfaces between affected components and sub systems.
- Proactively plans capacity of platforms and applications.
- Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine software and hardware configuration.
- Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- May participate in projects including preparing project plans, assigning tasks, monitoring statuses, coordinating efforts, validating team recommendations, integrating efforts into a comprehensive strategy and delivering results on time.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements, flow charts and technical diagrams.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience in assigned area or combination or education, experience and training.
- Incumbents may be required to work a non-traditional schedule including on-call hours on a frequent or rotating basis.
- Background in Automation is highly preferred.
- Chef Automation tool experience or knowledge required.
- Experience with python, along with having scripting ability on python/PowerShell preferred.
- Solid business/technology acumen, as this position with require interacting with the business but also fully understand the Software teams technology specifications.
- Knowledge of the following strongly preferred (depending on assigned area):
- Windows Server and Workstation Operating Systems.
- Security best practices for Windows-based systems including PKI principles and components.
- System monitoring and event analysis.
- Virtualization concepts and technologies.
- Other assigned area knowledge and systems.
- Certified Automation Professional – ISA Preferred but not required
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships