Job ID: 578162BRSee More
Date posted: Dec. 02, 2021
Locations: Silverdale, Washington
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world. If you are pursuing a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual and you want to be a part of a meaningful American Institution, then we invite you to learn more about the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program!
For over 60 years FBM has delivered on the mission to protect the safety and security of our nation. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges working with diverse customers on a program that has been and will continue to be vital to this country long into the future. We help keep this nation secure and our adversaries in check.
The Systems Engineer works in maintenance and production environments to address problems and challenges encountered during equipment and systems operations, handling, assembly, disassembly, inspection, testing and repair. This entry-level systems engineering position provides unique real-world experiences within an exclusive field. The job involves a variety of work environments working both indoors and outdoors in Lockheed Martin and United States Navy operated buildings.
In this role you will:
- Conduct and support evaluation of system and equipment drawings and associated specifications to determine acceptability of discrepant parts and various operations/tests performed
- Provide functional, dimensional and material analysis of systems and equipment. Process documentation and program requirements to determine compliance, corrections and improvements
- Work directly with the hands-on mechanics and support LM, Navy and civil service personnel to address questions on system design and associated production and maintenance processes
- Serve as an integrator during material review actions to coordinate with various supporting organizations when special analysis and investigations are needed
- Conduct development of both simple and complex engineering studies that involve process/product root cause and corrective action, data/metrics analysis and targeted program system/process improvements
Based at the Navy's Strategic Weapons Facility Pacific in Silverdale, WA, this position requires support for day shift. second and third shift, to include overtime and weekend support, may be needed occasionally to support the Navy customer. Some travel is expected to other FBM and vendor sites. You will be expected to be able to perform independently and in a team environment under the general direction of a group lead.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or other related engineering degree program from an accredited college/university
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- US Citizenship is required. Cannot be a dual citizen. Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start. Position requires ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated performance as a team player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated systems and equipment troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility/Adaptability with type of work and work schedule
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
Benefits of Employment:
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits program here: www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: System of Systems Integration
Valid through: 1/28/2022