Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or a related discipline from an accredited college/university.
This position requires special access to support the program and requires US Citizenship.
E1461:Systems Engineer Asc
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. And as that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you?
What does this role look like?
This dynamic position will serve as a strong foundation for continued development as a systems engineer.
• Support of field centers and facilities and supporting the operational readiness and safety systems.
• Learn the craft of problem investigations: root cause analysis and corrective action implementation support, surveillance and monitoring of deployed systems, watching for changes or degradation to the system, streamline operations.
• Supports various system analyses in support of mission planning and execution.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
This opening supports a variety of Systems Engineering positions within Lockheed Martin Space in multiple Colorado locations. Some of these positions may require security clearances and may be subject to security investigation.