Experience in the following areas are preferred, but not required.
- MODBUS RTU, MOSBUS ASCII, and MODBUS over TCP
- Working with embedded Linux and RTOS on Intel and ARM platforms. Linux script experience a plus!
- Experience with TCP/IP and PoE networks required, Profinet and Profibus experience a big plus.
- RFexperience for long distance and/or congested environments. LoRa, Zigbee, Dust, and other low data rate - long distance protocols are a plus.
- Experience with electronics a big plus! Must be comfortable with Schematics and PCB Layout files and working with Hardware and Software Engineers.
- Understand of different batteries chemistries and fundamentals in power and analog a big plus.
- Working knowledge of embedded electronic product development from cradle to grave.
- Must enjoy playing with electronics and have an eager-to-learn attitude.
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a 4 yeardegree (BSEE preferred); or 8years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
- Proven seasoned solutions professional with a deep understanding of design, development and integration.
- You speed time to revenue for our customers and Arrow. You reduce the time from definition to deployment and remove obstacles or fix errors to delight the customer.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Adept at building Proof-of-Concept prototypes (both hardware and low level software)
- Thrives in an agile and flexible environment where our commitments to customers reign supreme. You are consultative and collaborative.
- Results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure and demonstrated skills in solution selling.
- Good working knowledge of sensors, calibration, and filtering
- Some knowledge of RF basics and antennas
- Knowledge of PCB design concepts & product certification basics (FCC, UL, TUV, CE, PTCRB)
- Capable of managing a prototype design project (PCB Design, board programming, provisioning, etc.)
- Mechanical/Enclosure modeling or designexperiencedesired
- Able to create professional, visually impressive presentations with content appropriate for an intended audience
- Experience at presenting slides to executive management or conveying concepts to hardware engineers
- Broad industry knowledge in areas such embedded, wireless connectivity, Gateway Connectivity and Middleware allowing for connecting to on premise and cloud platforms.
- Strong leadership skills, planning, project management, excellent communication, virtual-team engagement, time management, are essential.
- Building relationships with IoT Business Development Managers, Solutions Architects and Field Applications Engineers you are a hands-on engineer, very capable of doing and knowing how to collaborate internally and externally with partners to achieve our goal.
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
- Accountable for the budget, performance and results of a medium-sized team or multiple small teams
- Exercises full management authority, including performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination and other personnel actions
- Addresses issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines