At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a System Architect Engineer (C2BMC) to join our dynamic team in Colorado Springs, CO or Huntsville, AL. The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
- Member of the C2BMC Systems Engineering Functional Area working design and development of operational system capabilities for the C2BMC system in the Ballistic Missile Defense System.
- Use of Systems Engineering processes and tools to perform task activities using program tools (Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System [DOORS] for requirements; Technical Performance Measure [TPM] Management, Enterprise Architect for Architecture Model) in accordance with the procedures and contractor data requirements lists (CDRLs).
- Support Requirements Development in accordance with Requirements Development Process and Guidelines.
- Support Interface Control Document (ICD) development in accordance with specific C2BMC system interface requirements to communicate with external element systems.
- Document trade studies and analyses as Analysis Reports.
- Publish architecture views as Architecture Framework Documents using Enterprise Architect.
- Develop architecture artifacts and define interfaces and data flows between subsystems as described in the Architecture Development Processes.
- Apply the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), using Systems Engineering Modeling Language (SysML) modeling tools where necessary, to define C2BMC system views and models.
- Use related systems engineering tools and documents to analyze, understand, and propose changes to systems architecture models, systems engineering analyses, user & system, and interface requirements specs in support of the C2BMC program.
- Coordinate engineering disciplines in resolving system-level issues.
- Learn, understand, and represent the point of view of the warfighters, operators and systems owners, and see to that it is properly respected throughout the engineering efforts.
- Understand system-to-system interfaces.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- Understanding of systems architecting and architecture models
- Experience in a related engineering environment, with expertise in systems architecting and system-of-systems definition
- Ability to analyze high level needs and systems concepts and represent them in engineering architectural models
- Candidates must have experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software and specialty engineers to develop solutions using engineering processes and methods
- Communicating the desired capabilities to a diverse group of developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively present technical approaches and findings
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Agile development methodologies is highly desirable
- Familiarity with the application and use of systems engineering tools for requirements management (e.g. DOORS and Enterprise Architect) is a plus
- Identification and definition of desired capabilities, system-of-systems definition, integration practices and methods, understanding and appreciation of information assurance, maintenance, operation, and logistics concerns, and their application to the requirements, design, and development phases, and program processes and work products
- The successful candidate must also have a solid understanding of networking concepts and how to architect a geographically distributed system utilizing communication networks while maintaining a secure posture
- Experience with BMDS systems (e.g. GMD, Aegis, Patriot, GCCS, STARS, PDS-M, THAAD) is desirable
- Familiarity with the C2BMC system and the missile defense domain or any other Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) systems is desirable
- BDS Engineering Candidates desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .