Systems Engineer position summary:
The Systems Engineering position is responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving problems in a highly-available production application environment. The operations team is responsible for change management, application deployment, capacity planning, and a variety of other tasks related to the operational status of the production systems. Collaboration with other teams on architectural changes and other development and testing processes is integral to the position. Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure. Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools. Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
What does a systems engineer do?
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Independently coordinate complex system deployments, including installation and configuration of hardware, loading operating system software & patches utilizing configuration management tools, and running tests or diagnostics to ensure a successful implementation
- Run application builds and deploy applications for testing and to production environments
- Support the use of cloud computing technologies such as Amazon's EC2, S3, and cloud services.
- Prepare documentation of systems and networks
- Troubleshoot network and systems related problems and resolve them
- Recommend new processes or enhancements to existing processes to make better use of limited resources and time
- Perform system backup and recovery
- 3+ years experience with a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with SSO (OKTA)
- Experience with Atlassian Tool (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- 3+ years system and security administration experience on Linux systems
- 1+ years of scripting or programming in bash, Python, or Java
- Experience with the following applications: Apache HTTP server, Tomcat, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Docker, Openstack, ELK
- Experience with managing 100+ servers in multiple locations
- Logical and methodical in troubleshooting application related problems
- Able to rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures
- Candidate must have good communication and presentation skills and the ability to work effectively across multiple development teams and locations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with changing requirements and priorities
- Be able to discover and apply new technologies
- Must be familiar with the following technologies:
- Virtualization and Container Coordination – OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker
- Cloud Services Environment – AWS or other
- Version Control Systems – svn, git, hg, or other
- Basic Scripting Languages – Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
The world's leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices, providing marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. In 2018, Amobee acquired the assets of Videology, a premier software provider for advanced TV and video advertising. Amobee's platform, with the addition of Videology's technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV, including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video.