Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
The CloudWatch Logs team builds and manages some of the largest logging systems in the world. CloudWatch Logs allows AWS users to ingest their application and AWS logs in a highly scalable, durable, and reliable service for enterprise scale; find and analyze the right log data to solve operational problems; generate metrics and alarms from their log events; or send log data to other downstream systems.
On the Logs team you'll get to build critical monitoring services that impact every single AWS customer, both internally and externally - there's not many team's that can say that!
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 9am to 5pm. People rarely come in or stay outside these hours.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or 5+ years relevant work experience.
• 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Dev Ops Engineer or equivalent
• 2+ years of experience leveraging Dev Ops automation, build automation and configuration management tools
• 2+ years of experience implementing and administering AWS services including EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, RDS and Dynamo DB etc.
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, OS, Networking, problem solving, and performance tuning
• The ability to deal with ambiguity and drive, design, and implement large scale systems
• Experience with Agile SCRUM or Kanban
• 2+ years of experience building scripts, tooling, and automation using PowerShell, Python, Java, SQL, or Shell to streamline operational processes
• Hands-on experience building monitoring, alerting, dashboards, and metrics reporting
• Experience implementing DevOps concepts, tools, processes, and culture
• AWS certifications such as SysOps Administrator - Associate
• Experience integrating tools and systems with APIs
• Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers
Valid through: 11/12/2021