Do you enjoy helping agencies in the U.S. Intelligence Community implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Come join the AWS Marketplace Team in our mission to change the way software are bought and sold! AWS Marketplace enables software sellers to reach all AWS customers; and enables software buyers to easily discover, purchase and consume software. Our goals include enriching the platform to support more diverse selection, improving buyer and seller experience and implementing new ideas to add new dimensions to the product. Our vision is to make AWS Marketplace one stop shop for buying and selling software just like Amazon.com is for retail.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer Team Lead to lead the team to taking AWS Marketplace to the next level. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humor. You can expect to constantly learn new things and expand your knowledge to meet varying business demands. You will help build and lead the systems engineering/development operations team.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products as well as having experience leading teams. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she has strong deep drive and troubleshooting experience, strong knowledge of Linux operating systems and protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures. Experience with different coding languages is a big plus. Having a desire to move into a manager position in the future is ideal.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
• 3+ years of industry experience
• Past Team Lead experience
• 3+ years of experience operating in a Unix, Linux, or Red Hat environment
• 3+ years of experience implementing automated software testing, scripting, deployment, and performance analysis systems
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
• Creation of baseline metrics and monitoring of service health.
• Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot coding languages: OOP, Java, UNIX, Perl, C++, XML, Web services, and UNIX tools.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age