Amadeus-Hospitality is looking for a self-starting, highly motivated, and technically astute candidate with good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to join our Portsmouth development team.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for working closely with multiple teams to ensure efficient and effective application deployments and platform resiliency. The ability to work in a cross-functional development and operations environment moving toward a continuous integration and continuous deployment model is key to success in this position.
The Systems Engineer will perform the following job duties:
- Develop, maintain and automate application deployments.
- Research and implement process improvement, set standards, and define best practices and recommend technical tools for deployment automation.
- Create, configure and maintain the test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Manage automated testing cycles involving infrastructural components and associated reporting
- Environment management and maintenance.
- Pro-actively monitor and resolve issues of system health and performance to ensure service reliability.
- Managing backup, recovery and retention of customer data according to legal and functional requirements.
- Build automated deployment processes using desired state configuration.
- Develops and automates administrative and/or management processes.
- Research emerging technologies which may lead to increased process efficiency and systems reliability.
- Documents and delivers operational focused monitoring
- Contributes to overall deployment process improvement with a focus on minimizing customer impact.
- Automates deployments and infrastructure-as-code using PowerShell.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing and maintaining continuous build processes, including execution of automated unit and build verification tests
- Experience developing, deploying, and supporting applications in both public and private cloud environments.
- Experience with distributed version control and social coding platforms, i.e. Git.
- Clear understanding on CI/CD process with experience working on Jenkins/ANT/TFS platforms.
- Coordinate communication and activities between technical teams.
- Experience automating deployment of applications using desired state configuration or similar processes using PowerShell.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements and develop alternate solutions.
- Experience developing and supporting .NET and C# applications. Experience working on, or familiarity with the Salesforce platform is highly desirable.
- Degree in computer science and 2+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Strong communication, customer service and documentation.
- Ability to develop and follow established processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with change management and deployment processes.
- General Automation and/or Release Automation experience desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple platforms and releases.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, Scaled Agile preferred.