A key member of the Albireo Energy team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
- The design of building automation systems for large commercial office buildings, data centers, and pharmaceutical facilities.
- Participate in sales turnover meetings to receive project mechanical drawings, specifications, and details from the sales team.
- Apply the appropriate equipment and end devices to provide the most cost effective solution.
- Prepare a complete engineering package of all required network diagrams, point to point wiring diagrams, control panel layouts, flow diagrams, valve and damper schedules, bill of material, and equipment submittals for approval by the client engineering firm and delivery to the installation team.
- Provide technical support for the sales team, installation and commissioning team as well as technical support for the service division.
- Assist in the ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Visit sites as required for field engineering building automation retrofits and upgrades.
- Review of project specifications, drawings and project specific documents to establish project intent.
- Breakdown scope of work into manageable segments and post to Project Manager for scheduling.
- Attend or receive meeting minutes from graphics review meetings with customers.
- Posting project programming specific “Request for Information: (RFI) documentation to Application Engineer, Project Manager and Operations Manager.
- Follow sequence of operations as required by project documents and engineered sequence of operations, utilizing established standards.
- Production of project specific as-builts based upon initial project construction drawings and field modification mark-ups.
- Graphic development and creation, while following and helping to improve company standards
- Work independently or be part of small collaborative teams.
- Work with field technicians to troubleshoot and take corrective action to software issues.
- Troubleshoot and correct BMS integration issues.
2+years’ experience and engineering degree (BSME or BSEE) from accredited college or university;
Knowledge and understanding of industry HVAC applications, ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications.
Understanding of flow dynamics to apply the appropriate measuring devices, control valve selection and sizing.
Knowledge of industry standard communication protocols; Ethernet, Modbus, BACnet or Lon to provide system network diagrams and integration to 3rd party equipment and systems.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Microsoft Visio a plus.
Experience in BAS programming or software engineering. Text-based programming a plus.
Good verbal and written communication skills.