$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Deliver high availability, high performance, recoverable data center and hybrid cloud infrastructure services enabling and supporting Akorn operations. The continuity of critical manufacturing lines, laboratory scientific applications, warehousing, logistics, and end user productivity depend on the skills, knowledge, and experience of the individual in this role.
• Scope: The Data Center Operations team is responsible for Akorn hybrid cloud infrastructures and services spanning all Akorn sites in the US, Switzerland, and India.
• Accountable to Manager and works cross-functionally with IT teams, other departments, and 3rd parties to implement and support solutions that meet defined requirements.
• Plans, implements and operates Akorn compute, storage, and infrastructure running on Microsoft and Linux operating systems, VMware and AHV hypervisors, and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
• Manages Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Azure Active Directory (AAD) in a multiple Active Directory forest environment using a unified tool automating user and group management tasks.
• Performs data center operations task following user guides, operational processes and SOPs.
• Identifies and resolves problems with Active Directory, VMware and Veeam.
• Monitors infrastructure platforms to maintain availability and performance and performs capacity planning to avoid resource constraints. Identifies potential problem areas and provides options and recommendations to Manager.
• Tests solutions in simulated production environment. Debugs and documents with outlines, narrative descriptions, and systems manuals, trains users, and monitors systems for function and efficiency.
• Perform backups and restores as requested from various business units.
• Participate in monthly deployments and remediation of patching Microsoft server and workstation OS's.
• Serve as an escalation point for support Service Desk and Laboratory personnel.
• Expertise in creating Active Directory groups, delegating and nesting permissions across multi domain environments.
• Maintains a highly available production environment and follows change management plans that protect business operations during planned maintenance windows.
• Provides necessary project support, system and technical documentation in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Sciences or equivalent experience required.
• 5+ years' experience in virtualization/virtual system administration in a VMware 5.x and 6.x environment.
• Basic knowledge of VMware management tools (vCenter, vRealize Operations, VMware Configuration Manager). VMware Certified Associate (VCA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and Microsoft Windows 7/8/10.
• Experience with Microsoft System Center and Intune preferred.
• Understanding of deployment, usage and troubleshooting Disaster Recovery technologies.
• Solid skills implementing and troubleshooting backup technologies required (Veeam preferred).
• Experience deploying and automating workloads on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or other public cloud infrastructure preferred.
• Experience supporting technology solutions based on business requirements.
• Good organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively. Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present information to a variety of audiences.
• Critical thinking and problem solving.
• Active listening and conflict resolution.
• Excellent people skills with ability to handle difficult personnel situations.
• Team player; willing to share ideas and openly 'whiteboard' ideas.
• General knowledge of information security including implementation of security best practices.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17