Cloud Lake, LLC is a subsidiary of Akima, LLC. Cloud Lake, LLC is a provider of services to today’s Big Data and Cloud market with one crucial difference: our services are highly-specialized, data-centric services. This enables us to focus laser like on helping our government and commercial customers quickly and cost effectively harvest, analyze and leverage the greatest possible value from the increasingly vast amounts of data they are acquiring and need to manage.
Cloud Lake is looking for a talented Systems Engineer to add to our dynamic team supporting a highly visible federal contract. This Project provides hosting, professional services, information architecture, taxonomy integration, and technical support in an integrated technology program for more than 190 posts overseas. The Systems Engineer is responsible for contributing to the systems administration and development of the platform.
- Troubleshoot Database issues as required.
- Ensure software updates are correctly deployed.
- Manage and use the Git version control system.
- Assist with software development as needed using Composer and PHP.
- Troubleshoot source code, identify and correct errors.
- Make use of DevOps tools, such as Ansible, Jenkins and Git.
- Support full application lifecycle development.
- Provide hands-on support to include:
- Develop and maintain websites on the WordPress platform
- Create, update, and edit PHP files for WordPress templates, feeds, and plugins.
- Assist in resolving system issues escalated from the Customer Support team.
- Assume one week per month of 24/7/365 tech-on-call responsibilities.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in DevOps methodologies.
- Intermediate knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Bash scripting skills.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Agile project management.
- Intermediate working knowledge of LAMP stack.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Git.
- PHP development experience, front end and backend including:
- Composer for PHP Development
- Experience with web asset pipelines.
- Experience with AWS Cloud preferred.
- Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash experience.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.