$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Reston, VA 20190
Industry: Education, Government & Non-Profit•
11 - 15 years
Posted 61 days ago
Do you want to be a part of something innovative and cutting edge? If your answer is yes, then join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do!
Some of our ground-breaking work includes: advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that's peer-approved in the country); mobile support for the user interfaces; learning management systems with social media features; user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities; innovative, machine-scorable items and that's just to name a few.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. The Assessment group provides assessment services and technical assistance to school systems nationwide. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry and we are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in the Reston, Virginia.
• Identifies system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs and collaborates with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
• Closely plan and work with Software Architects, Engineers and Leads to design architecture and hardware systems.
• Develop and maintain system documentation throughout product life cycle
• Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational and system requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
• Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
• Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
• Provides guidance through support to developers on effects of bandwidth constraints on applications.
• Establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of organizational - wide or large-scale information systems.
• Includes systems, programs, user groups, and the customer community to promote interoperability and collaboration consistent with the customer's objectives.
We will consider candidates at various levels for this opening as follows:
Senior or above – 10+ years of experience;
Mid-level – 5-8 years of experience
In addition, you must meet the education and experience requirement as specified below:
• B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems.
• Hands on SQL Server development experience.
• Solid cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
• Experience working as solution engineer/architect and/or experience working as a product manager/engineer with a proven track record.
• Able to automate deployment process using automated tools such as Chef and Puppet
• Advanced technical training related to the security domain.
• Relevant industry security certifications.
• Knowledge of security related concepts to include hands-on technical experience.
• Strong analytic, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills with the ability to independently create solutions and work with others on a team.
• Familiarity with programming and architectural frameworks.
• Strong written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13