Systems Engineer Advisor - PMO
8 - 10 years experience •
CSRA makes a difference in how the government serves our country and our citizens. We are a team of 19,000+ smart and talented individuals inspired by the important missions of our customers, and we believe that by working together we can deliver exceptional solutions and services to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation! Together, we are committed to a stronger and better future for America through next-generation thinking made real today. Think Next. Now. Tomorrow’s promises, delivered today.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer, Senior Principal in Orlando, Florida to join our team. In this role you will be a change agent by providing overarching engineering guidance on a Program Management Office team primarily serving our Defense customers in supporting their Training Systems contracts.
Tasks and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluating customer systems engineering requirements in proposed work and developing low-risk technical approaches and solutions which CSRA can offer
- Participating in proposal development, to include technical writing and reviewing the technical writing and solutions provided by others, to include subcontractor partners
- Overseeing performance of aircraft simulator modifications, upgrades, and obsolescence engineering
- Interacting with government customers to understand technical concerns, specifications and advising our customers on best practice approaches in systems engineering
To qualify, the successful candidate must meet these basic qualifications:
- An active Secret clearance or higher
- A master’s degree in systems engineering or related field with demonstrated practical systems engineering experience in flight simulation modifications, upgrades, and obsolescence engineering
- Eight or more years’ experience in flight simulation design, modifications, and upgrades.
- Demonstrated knowledge of System Architecture (the major software and hardware components involved in the simulation), including aerodynamics (engine and flight dynamics), Control Loading and Motion Cueing systems, Visual Image Generation systems (projection and display systems), Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS)/High Level Architecture (HLA), Semi Automated Force (SAF) simulation, and a strong background in Software Development
- Demonstrated experience working with simulation-specific programming languages, operating systems, hardware, and software
- Demonstrated experience in full life cycle of incorporating/integrating OEM design changes into a simulator platform, from design through acceptance testing
- Demonstrated experience orchestrating, reviewing, and revising work of subordinate engineers on multiple concurrent projects to include contract proposal development
Other Qualifications we will look for in our winning candidate include:
- Strong communication skills to include technical writing
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with the most senior levels of internal staff, management and clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment