The Systems Engineer is responsible for performing configuration, validation, deployment, testing, and archival management of both commercially available and proprietary industrial control system software configurations. They set up computer hardware and communication equipment as required for testing and debugging software, working closely both with and external customers.
Project Engineering Support
- Supports project lifecycle from production release to customer acceptance
- Manages assigned milestones, and tasks
- Interfaces with project engineers and customers to assist in software design, development, testing and troubleshooting
- Effectively communicates project status to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
Bid Preparation Support
- Provides input for estimating the resources and requirements needed to achieve project tasks
- Provides support for the preparation of technical written submittal packages for custom projects
Configuration of Software Systems
- Performs complex configuration of ADB Safegate proprietary software
- Performs complex configuration of commercially available software and systems
- Performs configuration management of complex sets of data utilizing commercial source control systems
- Establishes, configures, and maintains operating systems, application software and system management tools
Testing and Validation Support
- Utilizes software standards and processes to produce and execute test plans
- Performs both in house, field testing, and customer validation testing
- Responsible for debugging advanced product and related products
- Sets, installs, tests and maintains operating systems, application software and system management tools
Training and Presenting
- Generates quality software documentation, technical documentation for computer system specifications and operator manuals
- Utilizes training standards and processes to produce and customer training programs
- Responsible for generating software training classes for customers or employees
- Responsible for communicating and promoting company image to the airport lighting industry during customer field trips
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Engineering Technology (EET) or Computer Science (CS) or Computer Engineering Technology (CET) or equivalent degree
- Two (2) to four (4) years related experience
- Must pass any required BCI and FBI Background Check
- Fluent English (oral and written communication skills)
- Maintain familiarity with FAA Advisory Circulars and understand the airfield lighting industry and product lines
- Maintain familiarity with ICAO Advisory Circulars as required for projects
- National and travel at a minimum of 20-30% of the time
- Travel periods may exceed 7 days at a time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Must be able to lift, carry, pull and/or push up to 40 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.