Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We're mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Cloud Operations team:
Cloud Operations is the beating heart of Accruent. You will oversee the applications to make sure our customers can experience the full scope of Accruent's products. The performance of the applications is governed by the team to keep our products optimizing at peak performance. Our Cloud Ops team is full of learners and thinkers who foster an engaging atmosphere.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be a key member of the Cloud Operations team and will be responsible for designing, building, automating, monitoring, and troubleshooting problems in Accruent's customer facing servers and applications. This involves consulting on technical designs, planning capacity expansions, preparing for disaster recovery scenarios, and installing Accruent software. The position will be responsible for the performance and scalability of the Production level systems that they are assigned. The candidate will also be part of a periodic 24X7 on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Manager, System Operations and will be located in Accruent's New Orleans, LA office.
How you'll make a difference:
- Build, validate, and support the Accruent applications in both public and private cloud environments.
- Ensure production level systems are running at all times and have multiple levels of redundancy to meet committed SLAs.
- Design servers and application environments for performance, reliability, redundancy, and scale.
- Develop a working knowledge of all Accruent-supported products and technologies.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance such as monitoring the performance of systems, virus detection, and monitoring network backups.
- Assist with the tactical implementation of any technology project and provide on-going technology support.
- Document environment topology and installation details.
- Utilize configuration management technologies to build and scale application environments.
- Develop scripts for automating repetitive tasks and making configuration changes.
- Engage with support teams and customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain a disaster recovery plan and perform regular tests.
- Ensure SSAE16 audit compliancy and keep all software licensing and maintenance contracts current.
- Plan for expansion of capacity and recommend upgrades, patches, new applications, and equipment when necessary.
- Deep familiarity with OS and virtualization technologies
- Ability to teach non-technical members of the organization and non-technical customers about the application
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent's values: humility, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, grit.
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline (IS/CS degree preferred)
- 4 years of professional hands-on experience in a web based(SaaS) software environment
- Experience with troubleshooting operating system level issues (Windows Servers, preferred)
- Experience with troubleshooting web server related issues (IIS, preferred)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, HyperV)
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, BAT, Python),
- Experience with building and managing public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with networking and storage technologies (Cisco, NetApp, Nimble, F5)
- Familiarity with configuration management technologies (SaltStack, Chef)
- Certifications in Microsoft, and cloud technologies highly desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively communicate detailed status to customer and project team
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and technical knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with best practices in IT management, change management and architecture is desirable; examples would be ITIL, COBIT, and TOGAF