Do you get excited about solving problems that no one has figured out yet? Want to work with the best products and technologies in the industry? Do you have a solid understanding of Layer 4-7 platforms and technologies? Ready to move into new security challenges? Like moving fast and working closely with development?
A10 Networks makes the fastest and most adaptable Layer 4-7 products in the industry. We are leading the convergence of L4-7 and DDOS/SSL/Security. We have a complete portfolio of high performance dedicated devices or virtualized (NFV) applications. Our platforms are fully customizable and accessible via scripting, RESTful APIs and the latest SDN and VNF controller technologies. We solve customer problems in days and weeks not months and years.
We have a great team and we’re growing. If this sounds like the right fit for you, A10 Networks is looking for an amazing pre-sales System Engineer with prior operations experience to work on-site at one of our large Service Provider customers. Travelrequired.
This individual will work closely with both the A10 local account team and the Service Provider network staff in both a pre-sales and post-sales role supporting existing ADC implementations and engaging in new opportunities (CGN, TPS/DDOS, SSL).
Responsibilities include promoting A10 product solutions by setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers, assisting the customer with network designs and configuring equipment to meet specific customer requirements.
The position will also be responsible for assisting the customer with any troubleshooting and support cases, providing feedback to the local account team and submitting feature requests to A10 Engineering.
In additional to technical aptitude, the position requires the ability to work as part of a team, learn quickly, stay current on various technologies, have presentation skills and possess passion and confidence in their work.
- Layer 4-7 server load balancing experience and expertise along with industry standard application delivery controller product experience is required.
- Both pre-sales and post-salesexperience is required.
- Should have very strong L2/L3 expertise with an emphasis on Network Routing Protocols (OSPF/BGP/ISIS).
- Should have in-depth knowledge in multiple areas of specialization: Virtualization, Application Acceleration, DDOS mitigation, IPv4 Preservation/IPv6 Migration technologies or Traffic Security.
- Should have strong operating experience in at least one of the following areas: Server Load Balancing, Enterprise Applications, NetworkSecurity or Network Address Translation.
- Knowledge of Layer-4-7 protocols and technologies, such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, Caching, and Compression.
- Competitive knowledge in Layer 4-7 switching including solutions, technology and product offerings.
- Some programming experience with languages such as TCL or Python is desired.
- Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently, effectively and as a team member.
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent required.