Systems Engineer 6 - Weapon System Command & Control
$150K - $200K
Posted on 10/27/17 by Kevin Meyers
5 - 7 years experience
$150K - $200K
Posted on 10/27/17 Kevin Meyers
Systems Engineer 6 - Weapon System Command & Control - RT
Huntsville, Alabama 35804
- The Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program is the Minuteman III replacement system led by the United States Air Force. Our team is supporting the USAF’s nuclear deterrence mission to replace the entire weapon system and refurbish the existing ground systems infrastructure. The program will be starting under a three year Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) contract that will mature our design through PDR.
- GBSD is part of the Strategic Deterrence Systems division that is composed of the lifecycle programs supporting the Minuteman system. Our division includes the Boeing Guidance Repair Center that manages the sustainment and refurbishment of the guidance system, the Minuteman Programs comprised of contracts for incremental upgrades and sustainment, and GBSD the Minuteman III replacement system. Our vast portfolio provides candidates with the opportunity to grow and develop a wide range of expertise throughout their career.
- The WSC2 architect will synthesize the next generation architecture for ICBM Command and Control (C2) in collaboration with the USAF, associate ICBM contractors, government SETAs, and other external agencies.
- The WSC2 architect is expected to execute the government’s GBSD statement of work to develop a low cost, low risk, mature solution that is compliant with the Weapon System Specification (WSS) requirements and aligned with the government’s vision as articulated in the solicitation and Government Provided Architectural Elements (GPAE).
- The WSC2 architect will interact with the customer and their representatives to communicate the WSC2 architecture and approach and be receptive to their feedback.
- The WSC2 architect will lead a diverse team of multiple technical disciplines to structure and lead top level analyses and trades.
- Work with Customer, Program Manager, Chief Engineer and Systems Engineering lead to architect the next generation Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Weapon Systems Command and Control (WSC2).
- Work with systems leads to develop the WSC2 architecture definition, structure, and technical performance measures
- Provide leadership and direction on the development of the WSC2 system, subsystem performance budgets and allocations
- Organizes and helps conduct critical trades, including affordability, for the development, production and sustainment of the WSC2 architecture
- Leads WSC2 requirements, verification and validation activities
- Communicates the output of critical trade studies, and design decisions. With the MBSE system, develops and presents the SRR, CCTIM, PDR and CDR for the WSC2 System
- Develops and manages the program risk for the WSC2 system