As a Systems Engineer 3 – Unmanned Systems with the AS&T division, you will perform project system design and requirement activities while working closely with the Program Chief Engineer who is responsible for the project’s technical solution. The position works closely with the other systems engineers, and collaborates with our mechanical, electrical, software, and aerospace engineers in planning, designing, manufacturing, and testing of systems to ensure system software and hardware requirements are traced to the design and formally verified/validated. The Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV) and other sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
- Perform hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
- This position will perform system specification development, creation and enforcement of interface control documents, system risk management, and system configuration management
- This position will be responsible for development of concepts of employment, uses cases, sequence diagrams, and service contracts
- This position will be responsible for creating, maintaining and using requirements related documentation and databases for multiple programs
- This position will be responsible for verifying all requirements are met using the approved verification method and documenting the verification results
- Other duties as required
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI
- Bachelor’s degree in BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in requirements development, design, implementation, integration and test of aerospace-related technical systems. Includes experience as a lead.
- System level design experience in which the applicant has been involved in the design and integration of complex hardware/software systems, the definition of multiple interfaces and been involved in the trades of multiple solution options
- Demonstrated expertise in Systems Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and test
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 15%; support field testing