The System Engineer 3 will:
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develop technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Assume the ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Primary contact for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Twenty (20) years experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Develop comprehensive SOA solutions
- Develop operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
- Use validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
- Ensure effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
- Serve as a member of the CCB
- Develop system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth
- Develop alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risks using earned value management (EVM) data
- As a participant within an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) effort, recommend a preferred solution based on selection criteria adjusted for reasonableness and validity of assumptions, technology limitations, environmental impact, and life-cycle costs
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with current polygraph required
- Provide senior systems engineering support to T&D activities and large requirements; assign tasking and manage resources on the team, and support ad hoc customer and TTO Lead tasking/actions on a daily basis
- Lead system re-certification and compliance activities; provide evidence/artifacts, and work with all parties to achieve approval
- Lead and coordinate high level customer meetings; provide official agendas/minutes, and ensure proper attendees are at meetings to make a decision
- Lead/manage ticket reviews, ticket queues, work with users, and provide ad hoc Scrum Master support when needed; Work with developers to design/coordinate/execute the delivery of capabilities in the various systems/sub-systems and break down work tickets.
- Provide weekly status and updates to leadership (WARs, MSRs, PSRs, Award Fee, etc.), provide schedules when needed, and assist with hardware deployment schedules/coordination
- Provide metrics and data call responses as necessary, provide Tier 2 operations support, examine data flows, and interface with data providers
- SME in Data Warehouse Platform systems, cloud technologies, and MPO customer preferred
- Mentor/Coach junior system engineers and provide backup support when needed
- 508 Compliance background and scoring
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Peraton offers enhanced benefits to employees working on this critical National Security program, which include heavily subsidized employee benefits coverage for you and your dependents, 25 days of PTO accrued annually up to a generous PTO cap and participation in an attractive bonus plan.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range
$190,000 - $304,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.