- The Systems Engineer will support a Boeing Ground Systems development program.
- Defining and documenting specific interfaces, establishing clear requirements, determining appropriate requirement verification methods, and ensuring requirements compliance and verification closures.
- The selected individual will support integration of components with the Ground System, will collaborate with other teams and engineering disciplines to successfully complete tasks, and will interface with suppliers, industry partners and customers.
- Define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Perform various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Perform analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, and other specialties to recommend a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Supports the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing requirements and interface documents.
- At least 3 years of experience working on a military/defense program/contract.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with verification planning and/or defining verification methods within the aerospace industry.
- Proficiency with the DOORS requirements development tool.
- Experience conducting Requirements Quality Metrics (RQM) analyses.
- Integration and test experience.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.