ummary: Include a few sentences on what they will do on a daily basis. Please also include any information of what makes this position/team an exciting and rewarding opportunity. (Contact your recruiter for any examples needed)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring systems for DoD customer from inception to support to operations.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools in support of DoD customer.
- Engineer will support the full life cycle new systems development in a fast paced customer focused environment.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Support IT systems development from requirements to system delivery with a focus on security documentation and progressing systems through the ICD503 lifecycle.
- Provide support to initial and ongoing certification and accreditation activities for a standalone and cloud-based systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Work closely within a team of developers to resolve software conflicts and ensure all requirements are met
- Participate in team meetings and software design reviews
- Perform regression testing to support new software releases.
- Develops and may conduct training programs.
- Recommends future direction or projects to management.
- Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance an operating system.
- Interfaces with all aspects of the team to resolve system engineering issues and actions.
- Originates and delivers technical briefs to the government and contractor personnel and all levels.
- Responsible for providing technical support and system engineering assistance to other elements at the direction of the government client.
- Provides system engineering support and advice for team integration on new platforms when required at system level for cost/schedule impacts.
- Reviews project initiatives and designs changes for cost/schedule impacts at system level.
- TS/SCI with CI poly required
- Two years of related experience in DCID 6/3, 503, and RMF process preferred
- Linux System knowledge with general knowledge of automatedscripting
- Python/Perl/C knowledge desired.
- Fundamental understanding of network design and packet structure preferred
- Security+ or CISSP strongly preferred
- Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
- Physical capability to manipulate server, workstation, test equipment, etc weighing up to 65 lbs.
Req #: 205367