Roles and responsibilities include:
- Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
- Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
- Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
- System modeling and simulation
- Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies
- Database development, management, maintenance
- The selected applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Engineering organization, in matrix with the Communications Business Unit, where our team of communications systems experts is developing next-generation radios and networks for our armed forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm’s way. The Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR Systems division of Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems Sector is located on multiple campuses in San Diego, California.
A Systems Engineer 2 requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a traditional STEM discipline from an accredited institution and 2 years of related experience.
- Basic understanding of RF Communications
- Experience with one element of modern RF communications (RF, Digital, Analog or Network)
- Able to function in multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment and rapidly adapt to changing work priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Windows applications and proficient in the use of MS Office software.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Current, Active DoD Clearance
- Experience in systems engineering, and the SE “V” model
- Information Assurance (IA) experience, EG, CISSP certification
- Experience in agile systems engineering
- Proficiency with IBM Rational DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Proficiency with MATLAB or SIMULINK
- Proficiency in system modeling tools (i.e. CORE, Rhapsody, PTC Integrity Modeler, Cameo)
- Knowledge of SysML, UML, and UPDM
- Experience conducting structured trade studies
- Integration & test experience
- Business development/proposal background