- Are you interested in working for the company that developed the first Minuteman missile that has protected our nation through strategic deterrence since 1958? Boeing’s innovations in design, sustainment, maintenance and modernization have ensured the safety, security, and effectiveness of the Minuteman system. To support the United States Air Force in maintaining and continually improving the capability of the Minuteman III ICBM system, our team is hiring an system engineer for our ongoing Guidance Subsystem Sustainment Contract. This system engineer's product responsibilities will include work on test equipment, gyroscope assemblies, missile guidance computer, power systems, wiring, and other guidance sub-systems.
- Attends and participates in requirements reviews and documents requirements validation status. Collects results of requirements reviews with stakeholders pertaining to specifications, documents action plans and updates requirements database. Prepares reports from requirements database for senior management review and use by other integrated product teams (IPT).
- Performs multiple requirements hierarchical traceability analyses to identify missing, incomplete, unnecessary system requirements. Documents results of traceability analyses and generates action items to resolve missing, incomplete, unnecessary system requirements.
- Assists team leader in the integration of discipline requirements and concepts.
- Analyses functional capabilities, performance behavior requirements to allocate performance and ensure systems/sub-systems meets stakeholder requirements. Documents and communicates results of performance and behavioral analyses for design reviews and flow-down to next level of system detail.
- Assists in the configuration management and control of the system
- Supports validation and verification system/sub-system requirements.
Candidate must have demonstrated experience in some or all of these job duties to be performed:
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify basic lifecycle balanced system solutions. Evaluates customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs analyses to optimize total system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Supports the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Experience developing requirements and/or test/verification methods.
- Missile or guidance system experience
- Experience working with the USAF or other DoD agencies
- Nuclear weapons experience
- Test equipment development experience
The Ogden, Utah work location position is covered under the SPEEA collective bargaining agreement, whereas SPEEA would serve as the exclusive bargaining agent for employees in certain job classifications.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.