Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
Conceive, develop, and evaluate systems and system components for lift trucks:
- System Development Planning - Propose system definitions or specifications to meet a given set of guidelines. Propose plans for system development, testing and review. Work with engineering product teams to refine requirements.
- System Development and Evaluation - Develop system concepts into a functional prototype. Model vehicle functions using modeling tools and generate functional software. Perform analysis of system to ensure that performance goals are met and that integrity of design is maintained and conforms to Company and industry standards. Participate in risk assessments and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEAs). Design specific testing as required to evaluate system design integrity and performance and review and evaluate test results. Properly document the system design, the design process, and the results of design evaluation, and communicate this information to others (project engineers, group leaders, managers) for critical review and decision making. Assess and document development progress with respect to plans and communicate this information to others for critical review.
- Other Tasks - Advance and implement tools to automate development workflow and to improve the analysis of system data. Support other functional groups such as purchasing, legal, service, and manufacturing when warranted.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent education/experience in related systems programming
- 0-4 years of related experience
- Good written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of modeling tools for system design and analysis (i.e. MATLAB, Simulink, Python, Vector CANalyzer)
- Knowledge of software architecture, state diagrams, and C code desired
- Experience with task management and version control software (Jira, SVN, Git, IBM)
- Ability to occasionally travel with overnight stays (0-5%)
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled