2U?s IT Infrastructure team is fast-paced and full of people passionate about delivering high quality technology solutions to our employees who are changing the landscape of digital education. They enjoy working with the latest technologies and pushing the envelope to accomplish difficult tasks.
We are seeking an Engineer II, Endpoint Systems who will work on the Infrastructure Team and be responsible for helping to manage the growing fleet of the client endpoints at 2U with a focus on Windows based operating systems. This person will ensure that endpoints are following 2U policies and standards, develop fun and interesting projects, and help streamline efficiencies while managing devices at scale. They will work alongside various stakeholder groups including the Security and Compliance teams to ensure endpoints comply with policies written by both teams.
You are a dedicated engineer, responsible for
- Primarily responsible for managing client endpoint devices with a mix of operating systems but a main focus on Windows but may also include MacOS, iOS, and Android.
- Leverage system management tools (LANDESK/Ivanti, Intune, Azure AD, GPO) to manage endpoints at scale.
- Design/deploy approved release packages and break-fix solutions in accordance with all enterprise architecture and configuration, change, and release management policies and procedures
- Develop policies and automations to ensure that endpoints are managed to company standards.
- Develop and maintain software tools and custom scripts, using PowerShell and Visual Basic, to automate repetitive tasks and improve user access to self-service options.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as required, and propose and implement changes aimed at continual service improvement.
- Perform regular audits of all endpoint systems to ensure compliance and provide reports to stakeholders.
- Maintain software deployment packages for endpoints and perform regular patching of client machines.
- Build and maintain endpoint (laptop) imaging system.
- Optimize the end user experience through enhancements and streamlining of the endpoint clients.
- Work independently and under minimal supervision
Education and Professional Experience:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience managing endpoint systems.
- Experience working in a cloud-centric environment supporting SaaS oriented tools.
- In-depth experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Broad familiarity with MacOS, iOS, Android.
- Experience managing 1000+ geographically diverse endpoint clients through various system management tools such as Ivanti/LANDESK, Intune, or equivalent.
- Experience with imaging/deployment technologies such as WDS, MDT, Autopilot, or SCCM.
- Experience in Active Directory Group/Users/Computers Organizational Units
- Experience with developing endpoint policies to optimize user experience.
- Experience with software patching and deployment (OS and 3rd party).
- Knowledge and experience with scripting tool such as PowerShell, Visual Basic etc.
- Experience working in Agile development workflows (Scrum, Kanban, or similar).
- Broad familiarity with IT Infrastructure including LAN, WAN, Telecom, and Server Administration.
- Ability to communicate technical issues in terms understood by both technical and non-technical end users.
- Service focus: commitment to the success of the organization and the satisfaction of a diverse user base with a variety of needs and problems to solve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: you have a desire to share knowledge and mentor others
- Mature organizational skills: you are fastidious, detail oriented, and committed to the highest work standards
- Ability to work late and emergency hours when necessary to maintain high level of service, availability for contact around the clock in case of outages or emergencies.
- Enthusiasm and the flexibility to thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth
About?2U?Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in?higher?education. For more than a decade,?2U,?Inc., a global leader in?education?technology, has been improving lives by powering the world?s best digital?education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of?great?universities, we build,?deliver, and support?online?graduate?programs?and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter?, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about?2U?and No Back Row?, visit?2U.com.
2U?Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At?2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other?unique?qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.?
Why It?s?Great?to Work at?2U
2U?offers a high-energy work environment that?s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.?
2U?offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U?is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or?veterans? status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.?2U?s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.