Embedded Systems Software Engineer
The demand for health monitoring solutions has been growing at an exponential pace. ADI is well positioned to leverage its core sensor and signal processing technology to take advantage of this growth. Our team is looking for an energetic, experienced, Embedded Systems Software Engineer who can drive development of firmware to keep pace with advancements in ADI’s bio-sensor technologies for bio-medical applications.
• Will develop embedded software, including device drivers, libraries, and multi-threaded applications, specific to medical devices including, but not limited to, biopotential (ECG, EMG, EEG), and bio-impedance (EDA, thoracic impedance, ICG, etc.) sensing systems and applications.
• Will diagnose complex system issues, involving biological, electrical, and mechanical interfaces and resolve them with creative firmware solutions.
• Will collaborate with hardware designers, testers, bio-medical engineers, software developers, and UX designers to develop product(s) evolving from concept development to commercialization and distribution.
• Must have prior experience in developing and debugging all aspects of embedded software including an understanding of how it relates to hardware performance.
• MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field with minimum 7 years’ experience.
• Expert-level C/C++ programming skills.
• Practical knowledge of embedded platforms, development environments, and frameworks, including IAR, GNU tool-chain.
• At least 5 years of Experience with embedded real-time operating systems, including FreeRTOS and Micro-COS.
• Familiarity with ARM-based architectures and bus protocols, such as I2C, SPI, and USB.
• Hands on experience integrating, building, and testing of multi-thread based applications
• In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle, software configuration management tools, and software release process.
• Experience with SCM tools (GIT, SVN, Clearcase, Perforce, etc.)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Experience with defect tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
• Strong communication skills as they will be developing requirements and design documents
Preferred Qualifications: (Includes Minimum)
• Prior development experience in medical device firmware, including knowledge of IEC-62304 regulatory standard.
• Understanding of wireless protocols, such as Bluetooth Low Energy and cellular GSM.
• Knowledge of software development processes (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
• Programming skills in scriptinglanguages, such as PythonPerl, shell.
• Applied knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP) techniques and algorithm development