The Systems/Network Engineer is a full-time/on-call position the requires extensive experience in Server/Systems & Network Administration. Responsible for the selection, technical design, implementation, operation, maintenance and recovery procedures for enterprise systems including server hardware, hypervisors, operating systems, system applications, storage systems and networking components. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration, ensuring these plans maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Ensures Cyber Security for all systems is top priority.
Administers the full range of disciplines, implementation of enterprise applications, documentation of enterprise applications, re-architect infrastructure as needed, Group Policy Administration, Firewall Administration, MS Server Administration, VMware Enterprise Administration, Ensure all enterprise applications are up to date.
- Provides guidance, assistance, training, and education. Continual IT Training during personal time.
- Auditing & Compliance, create policies & standards, create How To Articles, maintain PC & server images.
- Performs system analysis, designs, constructs and tests infrastructure. Installs, monitors, and directs proactive and reactive computer network defense measures to ensure the availability, integrity, confidentiality and reliability of systems
- Monitors and maintains current IT infrastructure/systems, assists with End User Support/Help Desk duties, keep IT current with latest industry trends and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned as related to the postion (typically 5% - 10%)
- Thorough working knowledge of various infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
- -ForcePoint, SonicWall, Cylance, Gemalto Safenet, AZURE, VMware Enterprise,
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must have expert troubleshooting skills
- Must have Enterprise Networking Administration, including Firewall, Load Balancers, Network Switching, etc.
- Must have at least 15 years of concurrent MS System Administration.
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to install and repair PC hardware and software
- Demonstrated ability to perform advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers
- Demonstrated expertise in information system configuration management
- Demonstrated ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must have Bachelor's degree plus 15 years of extensive experience in systems engineering (or equivalent experience)