Job Title: Systems/Network Engineer
Location: Columbus GA
Duration: Full-time/Direct Hire
Under general direction, analyzes local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices.
Provides work leadership and training to lower level network engineers and administrators.
Provide Systems and Network Level activities such as:
· Planning, designing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining, and supporting windows server operating systems, server hardware, physical and virtual server platforms at multiple local sites
· Planning, designing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting a windows server clustering environment
· Adhering to change control management practices for performing business applications installations, system upgrades, patching of servers, managing software licensing, and performing system testing.
· Assisting in the operation, monitoring, and troubleshooting of the KW local Lan, Wan, and Wi-Fi network
· Managing and coordinating systems backups
· Defining and implementing failover and disaster recovery methodologies and practices for servers and networking hardware
· Performing and Overseeing systems health checks
· Responding to systems
etwork outages during and after-hours
Additional duties will include:
· Mentoring and actively engaging Network administrator to be backup support to the position
· Making recommendations for improving systems and processes
· Working with Corporate IT (Client)to ensure compliance to security standards, implement Strategies and technology in the Columbus, GA location.
· Working with local-IT team and local business leaders to implement Strategies and technology in Columbus, GA
· Resolving incidents, problems, and requests recorded within ticket tracking system related to users and customers issues
· Coordinating work with outside vendors
Bachelor's in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
· 6 years or more independent working experience with Server hardware, MSwindows Server 2008 and higher, virtual servers (Hyper-V preferred, VMWare a plus), server clustering, Network storage management, and backup software
· 5 years or more working experience with Lan/Wan devices, cisco routers/switches, Palo Alto Appliance, Riverbed-MPLS, Wi-Fi controllers, Access Points, etc.
· 6 years or more working experience with protocols and standards; active directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, 802.1x, etc.
· Demonstrated skills with PCs, printers, and associated Microsoft office software (word, excel, outlook, etc.)