Bowhead is seeking an experienced Systems/Network Administrator for its Gunter Annex Air Force base location in Alabama. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Manages and coordinates activities of a small staff engaged in computer operations, computer systems, computer programming, and company's network to assure effective computer resources are provided to users.
• May present to management recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, software and telecommunication equipment.
• Assigns personnel and schedules workflow to facilitate production.
• Typically is a manager of a single site location and requires a four year degree in computer sciences or related field.
• May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
• US Citizenship required
• Four (4) year degree or better in Computer Science or related field required
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust (NAC) clearance required.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.