Laboratory Director - Medical Operations – MED#381
Job Category: Medical / Health - Other Medical / Health
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
Health Care Administration Careers / Health Care Administration Jobs
Health Care Careers / Health Care Jobs
Executive Human Resource Service is privileged to present an exciting opportunity with a Healthcare / Health Services Provider
California Central Valley
Relocation Expense Provided
Although, Individual are encouraged to apply, the Ideal candidate with the following experience will only be considered.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field
- 3+ years of relevant management experience
- Relevant Clinical Experience
- Licenses & Certifications Preferred:
- State of California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) - Medical Laboratory Scientists (MLS) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Must be US Citizen or Authorized to Work in the United States
Healthcare / Health Services provider with the highest level of care available in the Central Valley California Region is looking for Laboratory Director- Medical Operations.
As the System Director of Laboratory Services, you will oversees the operations and management of Laboratory Services by directing, planning, coordinating, and evaluating the delivery of service consistent with the mission and goals.
This role will have administrative responsibility, system wide for Laboratory Services including regulatory compliance, operations, service delivery, laboratory staff development, hospital staff education, development and maintenance of clinical practice standards and attainment of the program's business and/or financial objectives. Provides general guidance to subordinate managers and staff.
- Work with hospital administration on planning, organizing and directing laboratory operations and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Oversees and directs the technical and managerial operations of the department in tandem with the department managers and supervisors and the Laboratory Medical Directors.
- Manages diverse projects in a matrix organizational structure that have system wide impact.
- Meets the clinical laboratory needs of physicians and staff in developing and implementing an integrated service line model.
- Determines the style and method in which laboratory services will be provided throughout the Service Area.
- Negotiates and implements contracts with laboratory specific vendors.
- Secures and maintains the facilities, equipment and supplies which are required to carry out effective patient care and create an optimum physical environment.
- Rounds routinely in all Laboratories to judge effectiveness of operation, utilization of personnel and supplies, and general ethical and professional atmosphere.
- Provides oversight for the assessment, selection, and implementation of new methodologies, and procedures to meet the testing needs of patients and physicians.
- Prepare department budgets for personnel, operating expenses and capital equipment.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administration.
- Interact professionally with patient/family.
- Consult other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Establish and maintain standards of performance and ensures competency and appropriate licensure of personnel.
- Direct and participate in the human resource management function for the department by coordinating the selection, promotion, orientation, performance appraisal processes and when necessary, disciplinary actions.
- Coordinate the department's competency assessment and training programs to ensure that all laboratory staff meet the competency requirements for their assigned duties.
- Communicate administrative directive to department personnel
- Promote effective intradepartmental relationships.
- Initiate, interpret and enforce Laboratory Services procedures and maintain and interpret hospital policies and procedures.
- Cooperate in planning programs and disaster preparedness.
- Attend and participates in hospital committees, as appropriate.
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of performance improvement and CQI activities.
SALARY: Based on Experience - $140K to $200K