The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The National Systems Group serves as the technical adviser to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
As the Systems Director for Enterprise Analysis, you will provide leadership, planning, and direction to a high-performing team delivering analysis, technical assessments, reviews, and recommendations regarding national intelligence enterprise architecture and enterprise performance problems.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Applying the breadth of analytical expertise at The Aerospace Corporation to challenging problems across the full range of space-based collection capabilities
- Managing resources, staff, and engineering matrix support to execute planned accountabilities that could include planning analysis with the customer, leading Aerospace analysis, participating in non-Aerospace analysis, reviewing the work of others, and supporting tool development and validation
- Actively communicating and coordinating with counterpart organizations, management, and customers at multiple levels to ensure timely, high-quality deliveries
- Implementing technical operating plans, budgets, and reporting
- Addressing workforce needs, personnel development, and performance evaluations
- Coordinating across Aerospace on work of mutual interest
- Engaging in matrix support planning to ensure skills are available to meet customer needs
This position is in Chantilly, Virginia
What You Need to be Successful
- BS degree in engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, or related technical discipline.
- 12 or more years of progressively responsible experience
- Strong experience in systems engineering or program management
- Ability to form and lead technical analysis teams
- Familiarity with National Security Space systems and advanced space technologies
- Experience presenting and writing of technical information
- Occasional travel required
- This position requires a TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advance degree in engineering, math, science, or other technical discipline
- Past management experience
- Familiarity with Department of Defense, civil, and commercial space systems
- Familiarity with satellite ground systems and operations and launch
- Familiarity with the analytical capabilities at Aerospace particularly at the enterprise level
- Experience with and understanding of Aerospace and customer business processes
- Experience working with the Aerospace Engineering matrix
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.