SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Engineering Oversight Support (EOS) Systems Director (SD) position is responsible for the management of customer support across the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (USD(I)), the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy (OUSD(P)), and the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition (SAF/AQ). The position requires on-site support to one of the customer organizations, oversight of personnel working directly with customers across the three major customer organizations. There is use of reach back planning with the Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) across all customers. The selected candidate must have knowledge of current Office of the Secretary of Defense structure, and familiarity with Air Force acquisition processes. The ability to build a strong work relationship with customers, other FFRDCs, and support contractors is a key element of this position. Given the broad areas of responsibility across these customers, the SD must also work closely with the Principal Director to manage new work opportunities and to maintain current customer support in a shifting prioritization of duties tasked by the customers.
- Establishes organization’s objectives and goals and communicates them to subordinates, management, and interfacing matrix organizations. Conducts organization’s activities consistent with corporate policies/practices, goals, and objectives.
- Participates with higher management in determining organization’s structure and staff and supports resource needs. Participates in budget planning and allocation of resources. Implements policies, practices, and operating processes and recommends improvements to higher management. Reports organization’s activities, progress and achievements through written and oral reports to management, subordinates, and customers.
- Identifies and assigns sub-organization and staff functional responsibilities. Assigns and coordinates work activities within organization; monitors workload, work progress and schedules, ensures completion of organization’s work assignments within cost and schedule guidelines.
- Seeks and identifies opportunities for additional, expanded and new business and assists higher management in the evaluation and pursuit of new opportunities.
- Cooperates and communicates frequently with customer to coordinate and report work progress, issues, and results. Conducts work performance within customer standards and regulations. Participates selectively in day-to-day technical task planning and issue resolution; coordinates work activities with counterpart and common-task participation organizations.
- Conducts staff performance reviews and recommends performance improvement, career development, salary and promotion actions; establishes staffing needs and recommends reassignments, training, transfers, and other staff deployments; assists other supervisors in evaluation and assignment of staff. Monitors and directs organization’s security processes, compliance, and safety awareness.
- Provides hands on engineering support to customers in addition to management responsibilities. This position is a mix of management and technical staff support functions being performed by the Systems Director.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Substantial experience in a managerial type role with proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of contractors, customers, and corporate staff
- Active Top Secret clearance with current SCI eligibility.
- Experience working with senior level government staff.
- 12 or more years of progressively responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Experience working for Office of the Secretary of Defense and/or Air Staff organizations.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: SYSTEMS DIRECTOR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 39309