A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Systems Director will provide vision, leadership, and management oversight for the United States Strategic Command Directorate of the Strategic Space Operations group within the Defense Systems Group. Ensure high-quality technical, programmatic, and matrix support for customers through delivery of analysis to support quality decision-making at senior levels. Develop program and operational plans to better use space capabilities in joint war-fighting. Form, lead and support cross-corporation and cross-organizational teams to execute studies and analysis activities of national significance. Deliver decision support capabilities and high-quality products (position papers, technical reports, briefing charts, etc.) to USSTRATCOM customers and foster appropriate information sharing across the space enterprise to help assure mission success. Ensure that local and reachback Aerospace support are providing products and services that are appropriate for an FFRDC. Enhance space system capability delivery to warfighter planning, policy, training, and operations through better integration of space systems and application of space-based capabilities in innovative new ways. Enhance warfighter support from space-based capabilities by improving tactics and enhancing capability integration into warfighter plans and operations. The selected candidate will be responsible for staffing, assisting in STE and budget planning, evaluations and employee coaching as well as administrative and technical reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- Active Top Secret SCI security clearance
- 15 or more years of experience with relevant systems engineering, development, technologies and/or operations
- 6 or more years of direct people management experience
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with high level government officials at the SES, Assistant Secretary, and Under Secretary levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to accomplish mission objectives
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of corporate staff, customers, and contractors
- Candidate must have a thorough understanding of appropriate FFRDC work, and how that differs from Government and SETA work
- Broad technical and some specific experience working directly with US Government customers is required, along with experience supporting and/or leading technical study teams examining topics of national significance
- Master’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- Familiarity with national security system procurement processes, including the Defense Acquisition System (DAS); Programming, Planning, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE); and the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS)
- Experience supporting development and/or implementation of national space policy