JazzHR is actively seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Pittsburgh-based team. In this role, you'll be responsible for supporting and enhancing a complex SaaS infrastructure hosted on AWS, as well as the internal tools and processes used to build and deploy our software.
Reporting to the Director of Technology Operations, you'll work with others on the team to design, implement, and improve our end-to-end processes and environments. Your focus will be on the operational elements of our services including designing new automated processes, spinning up new infrastructure, maintaining and supporting multiple stacks, and integrating with the development teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain a high level of availability and quality of service
- Architect, improve, maintain, and add automation to new and existing systems
- Write and maintain scripts to support operations, development, and testing of advanced software
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Work successfully as a part of a team and independently
- Make decisions and/or solve problems
- Constant communication with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Participate in a low-volume on-call rotation to escalated alarms
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years full-time (or significant professional/personal) experience as a Linux systems administrator or engineer
- Understanding of the DevOps mindset and culture
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement
- Familiarity with networking concepts
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud providers
- Familiarity with configuration management, code building, and deployment tools
- Experience with Docker/containers
- Competency in MySQL, or similar relational databases, and full-text or document search platforms like Solr, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions like Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic, Rollbar, etc
- Solid Bash, Python, and/or PHP scripting skills
This position is based in our Pittsburgh, PA office. This role does not offer remote work or relocation assistance. Currently, our team is working remotely due to COVID-19 but we anticipate reopening our offices in the future, once it's safe for our team.