- Contribute hands-on to component concept, design, development, and support activities.
- Coordinate, with the other technical disciplines, integration activities of complex electro-mechanical instruments.
- Develop functional and design requirements for new system functionalities and features and ensure all designs are properly documented.
- Participate in technical reviews.
- Collaborate and produce technical output as part of a team of up to 10 Embedded Software and Firmware engineers.
- Follow best practices in engineering design and utilize Embedded Software and Firmware engineering theories, methods and research techniques in product development design.
- Understand modern object-oriented design concepts and automated unit testing frameworks.
- Capable of developing, documenting, and testing object-oriented firmware in C++ and C.
- Create appropriate technical documentation, including technical reports, lab notebook unit testing, and technical meeting reports as relevant to Embedded Software and Firmware.
- Comply with design control guidelines and Quality requirements within the company’s regulated ISO\FDA environment.
- Candidate must have an awareness of and interest in Embedded Firmware engineering design principles – peripherals, drivers, and real-time control. Experience working with technical teams of approximately10 Embedded Software and Firmware engineers.
- Ability to work autonomously and develop Embedded Software and Firmware for a complex electromechanical subsystem with demonstrated relevant experience over the full product development lifecycle.
- Ability to collaboratively work with members across multiple engineering disciplines.
- First-hand experience developing object-oriented application software interfacing with traditional embedded driver design is highly desirable.
- First-hand experience developing multi-task (or multi-threaded) applications is highly desirable.
- First-hand experience designing controls for real-time mechatronic systems is highly desirable.
- First-hand experience with automation equipment is highly desirable.
- First-hand experience in an ISO/ FDA regulated environment is highly desirable.
Knowledge and Skills Required for the Position:
- BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with at least 4-to-6 years of work experience designing application software running on microcontrollers interfacing with mechatronic equipment, embedded hardware controls, automation or robotic systems.
- Proficient in use of Development & Debug Environments, Source Control Repositories, Code Comparison Tools, and Automated Build Servers.
- Prior experience with ARM-based microcontrollers, NXP Kinetis-series microcontrollers or Micrium kernel desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity tools – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project.