As a member of the Netskope Operations and Network Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining our growing customer-facing cloud infrastructure used to deliver the Netskope service to our worldwide user base. You'll be designing and building the tools used to maintain our existing data centers, as well as build new sites. You will be responsible for maintaining a framework for automation, self-service, and auto-remediation systems, and delivering software within that architecture Common tasks include interfacing with our engineering and operations teams to understand the inputs to their daily work, and interfacing with customer-facing field support teams. Through these interactions, you will aid in accomplishing a prioritized roadmap of the solutions that will most effectively reduce manual workload, enhance safety, and increase the speed of deployment and scaling.
- Work with engineering and product management to ensure that features meeting internal and external customer requirements.
- Interact with Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Develop innovative ways to smartly measure and monitor application and infrastructure health
- Have experience with modern virtualization technologies ( Docker, KVM, AWS, OpenStack or any orchestration platforms )
- Assist in designing and maintaining an automation framework for deployment, customization, upgrades, and monitoring through modern DevOps tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Kubernetes etc)
- Detailed familiarity with Unix Bourne shell scripting and Python as a critical survival skill.
- Partnering with Operations and Engineering teams to understand top contributors to their operations, deployment, and support portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining self-service portals to automate binary workflows
- Develop and deliver automation, self-service, and other mitigation systems that result in a more efficient disposition of customer and field requests.
- Work with various stakeholders to develop automation workflows that convert manual processes into deterministic, reliably executed workflows.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of a production environment, DevOps or production infrastructure
- Hands-on working with private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Linux, Virtualization, Orchestration
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture
- Strong development experience in Automation using Python or another language.
- Understanding of networking and network virtualization required.
- Extensive experience with Linux systems, virtualization, and network administration.
- Experience improving the performance of microservices and solve scaling/performance issues
- Built tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible etc.
- Experience source control tools such as GIT/Github/Gitlab, SVN, or Perforce.
- Knowledge of distributed systems a big plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree