This position is responsible for the management of database administrators and systems. This position interfaces with all teams across the corporate structure in matters that relate to the installation, configuration and maintenance of data base servers for the enterprise network. They oversee the development and implementation of database security policies and procedures. They insure mitigation of vulnerabilities. The oversee server configurations to support enterprise-wide communications between local and remote data management and web servers.
They have a working knowledge of the systems their team supports and can serve as technical leadership for their team. Performs administrative duties in relationship to the management of their direct reports. Serves as liaison with business operating units and other Technology partners to design and deliver desired system functionality. Meets all assigned SLAs, department goals, and/or objectives.
Essential Job Duties
- Working manager who must be willing and able to jump in and be hands on with the technology.
- Manage personnel and processes related to installs, configures and maintains data management servers and related software.
- Performs analysis and is responsible for developing reports needed by the BSA/AML department to make sure the bank remains in compliance with federal regulations.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirements and specifications.
- Strategic planning with LOB partners, IT personnel, and Business Continuity to build platforms meeting RTO / RPOs for critical systems.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing for RDBMS platforms across the Enterprise footprint.
- Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection, and/or vendor selection.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Participate with LOB partners to support application strategy, design, Build / Purchase decisions, deployment, operations and improvements.
- Maintains documentation for RDBMS including run-books, architectural diagrams, and flowcharts.
- Meet SLAs relative to change requests and application enhancements.
- Participate and support Enterprise RDBMS platforms for Event, Incident and Problem management.
- Participates in 24x7 On-Call rotation supporting critical systems.
- Participate in the release and deployment management activities (requirements, design, testing, change management, communication of changes (as needed), and tracking of issues post implementation).
- Manage third party application vendors and monitor performance and capacity requirements for supported applications.
- Support the design process for supported applications and perform design tests for the functionality, performance and management of the application.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies.
- Ensure applications are built or implemented to meet business and operational requirements and ensure positive customer experience (QA).
- Assist with risk assessment of applications and identify critical services and system dependencies and implement countermeasures as necessary.
- Be customer advocate relative to end user experience for supported applications.
- Supervise a staff of database administrators.
- 4-year college degree in business, computer science or related discipline,
- SQL DBA certification
- Prior work experience in related business discipline BSA (Bank Secrecy Act), AML (Anti-Money Laundering), FCRM (Financial Crime Risk Management).
- 5-7 years' work experience in related business discipline (e.g. Consumer, Commercial, Mortgage, Finance, Technology, etc.) to include 2+ years in systems analysis or project manager.
- Ability to coordinate processes or projects and compile documentation
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and source
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Working knowledge of banking operations desired
- Ability to think outside the box and the willingness to show initiative with teammates.
- Provide second-tier production support for 24/7 applications