The Systems Characterization Engineer is responsible for the bring-up, evaluation, and characterization of SiTime’s revolutionary MEMS-based timing products. Responsibilities include mixed-signal characterization, systems/algorithms development, datasheet validation, performance feedback to MEMS/CMOS design, and prototyping of test and FA methodologies. In addition, he/she will lead experiments to prototype new system architectures for future products, and assist with the development and qualification of new packaging technology.
- Characterize and bring into production a variety of MEMS-based, mixed-signal timing devices
- Develop and carry out experiments to prototype new technologies and system architectures.
- Develop and transfer algorithms to final test/production environments.
- Work with circuit design team to evaluate new silicon and specify design improvements for performance enhancements or DFM/DFT.
- Perform engineering failure analysis to root cause product issues.
- Contribute to other projects as needed by management or as business needs change
Qualifications & Requirements:
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. PhD preferred. Exceptional candidates with other technical backgrounds will be considered.
- Hands-on experience with electronics laboratory bench instrumentation including oscilloscopes, digital signal analyzers, etc.
- Excellent programming skills, including MATLAB scripting
- Programming ability in Python, C or C++ is also helpful
- Familiarity and understanding of mixed-signal circuits
- Familiarity with MEMS characterization and testing is also helpful
- Strong statistical analysis skills
Desired Characteristics & Attributes:
- High level of self-motivation and drive to make an impact
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.