The Children, Youth and Social Services I&IT Cluster is seeking a Systems/Business Consulting Specialist to provide proven expertise in the analysis, design, development, and testing for business and mission critical systems, which have strategic significance for achieving the Ministry of Community and Social Service's plans and objectives.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Plan and direct advanced and complex development, enhancement, installation and IT maintenance projects using various technologies such as Java and web services
• Lead systems consulting expertise to clients.
• Devise and maintain systems performance and quality assurance programs.
• Carry out complex and specialized systems analysis, design, development using technologies such as Java, webs services, Oracle
• Facilitate development, coding/programming, promotion, implementation and integration of strategic IT plans.
• Lead the Development and maintenance of program, systems, user and operational documentation.
• Lead the technical support to end users by identifying and debugging problems.
How do I qualify?
• You have technical/functional knowledge and experience with analysis, development and implementation of web-based applications using technology such as Java and Oracle.
• You have experience and knowledge of working with Unix, Linux and Windows based micro-/mini-computer and personal computer system technologies.
• You have advanced knowledge of Java Programming Language
• You have demonstrated experience working with Tomcat, AXIS, WSDL
• You have advanced knowledge of data warehousing and dimensional modelling concepts;
• You have advanced knowledge of SQL, ETL, operating systems, stored procedures and their applicability in Cognos reporting;
• You have advanced knowledge of Cognos server administration, security, and configuration;
• You have knowledge of business, information, application, technology, network and security architecture (i.e. Enterprise architecture)
• You demonstrate knowledge of theory and principles of systems design and development, systems testing and related methods, techniques, practices and standards.
• You have knowledge of a variety of industry standard concepts, languages, testing tools version control tools and protocols.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of standard problem logging techniques and tools in order to track problems and ensure accuracy and completeness of problem documentation
Database Development Experience
• You have experience with large-scale complex dimensional database development, management, and modelling techniques (data dictionaries, metadata management, storage and retrieval techniques; management reporting and decision support tools, service management; internet and emerging technologies)
Business Information Knowledge
• You understand, apply and integrate applicable legislation and the ministry's IT plan into the business and project planning processes
• You are able to evaluate the impact of significant IT issues on Ministry IT and business plans and objectives, and to develop solutions/options
Analysis and Evaluation Experience
• You can lead/coordinate investigation of large-scale IT opportunities and requirements
• You are able to evaluate feasibility, cost/benefits, and impacts on resources (e.g. human, technical and business)
• You have oral communication skills and can interview clients to discuss needs, explain technically complex information and negotiate contracts with vendors
• You have written communication skills and can effectively prepare business cases and other written reports including systems documentation