The Systems Business Analyst, Sr acts as a liaison between technical and business user groups. The individual is responsible for defining and documenting business systems requirements and ensuring technology solutions enhance and support the business operations.. The individual also identifies technology alternatives and recommends system solutions to business and technical audiences. The Senior Systems Business Analyst participates in all phases of the systems development life cycle – from project scoping, planning and requirements definition to issues resolution, testing, training and implementation.
1. Planning and Organization
- Develop clear, concise methodology documents, which require proficiency in interviewing skills, workflow analysis, dataflow diagramming, screen design, etc.
- Review and assist in development of project plans, project workflows and resource assignments as requested by Project Manager.
- Facilitate the definition of functional requirements by working withprogrammer analysts and users in prototyping and design sessions.
- Translate and present project concepts into effective visual images which clarify design elements and issues for both business and technical audiences.
2. Project Management
- Ensure methodology is followed for project; provide meaningful feedback in accordance with departmental standards and guidelines.
- Maintain issue log; coordinate and support communications surrounding both systems and user acceptance for assigned project(s).
- Identify, mediate, resolve and eliminate miscommunications between business and technical project team members.
- Conduct user training.
- Participate in development of test strategy, test plans and test cases
- Translate system workflows into system configuration
- Participate in test execution and document results
4. Coaching & Development
- Provides coaching and training to more junior Systems Business Analyst.
- BA/BS degree and/or related workexperience.
- 5+ years of experience writing technical specifications, preferably at a financial services company.
- Skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Full understanding of the business model or the area(s) supported.
- Knowledge of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle required
- Ability to create presentations using software such as Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to use standard desktop tools effectively (Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to analyze current workflows and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Exposure to project work and project planning, as well as project management software.
- Interviewing skills.
- Written and oral communications skills