$80K — $100K *
Reporting to the Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations, the System Backup Administrator is responsible for ensuring corporate backups across the enterprise are in place and working efficiently and correctly. The System Backup Administrator will work with the System Administrators as well as other team members to implement the appropriate backup strategy for servers and systems across the company. The System Backup Administrator will also be a key player in the IT Business Continuity Plan as well as all Disaster Recovery plans. The System Backup Administrator will ensure that adequate retention and restoration policies are in place, and drive the corporate backup strategy, playing a key role in deciding on technology and implementation, all in compliance with applicable regulatory and procedural guidelines. The System Backup Administrator operates with a fair degree of independence (but their work is often scrutinized by regulators) and is relied on for proactive judgement as well as exercising exceptional care and diligence.
• System Backup Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration and administration of the corporate backup systems including:
- Backup administration;
- Backup management;
- RTO/RPO goals and compliance;
- Backup Monitoring;
• Other System Administrator duties:
- Equipment installations and relocation as required;
- The ability to travel to remote locations if required;
- Troubleshooting of hardware and/or software;
- Analysis of specific backup requirements;
- Liaising with vendors.
• Develop and ensure maintenance of the inventory and database of all backups and backup media, software, equipment and parts;
• Ensure the confidentiality of appropriate data and systems;
• Maintain technical competence through reading, education, conferences, etc.
• Development of standards such as SOPs and maintain documentation of the Infrastructure environment;
• The System Backup Administrator will also act as Archivist when the system backups act as archives for those systems that do not practically support other archiving means.
• High School diploma or higher level degree or any equivalent in specific fields (software development, technical support, etc.) or equivalent experience;
• At least seven (7) years’ experience with VMWare, VEEAM as well as various database backup requirements, system snapshots, RTO/RPO concepts and practices. Must be knowledgeable with Window, as well as cloud backups and cloud BCP services;
• Excellent knowledge of backup technologies, principles, and application;
• Full understanding of BCP concepts and implementation;
• Demonstrated technical skills, with the ability to learn new equipment and procedures quickly;
• Excellent problem solving, organizational and communication skills;
• Ability to work independently under tight ;
• Fluent in both French and English;
• Strong documentation skills.
• VEEAM or similar backup technologies
• Windows (all Windows servers from Windows Server 2013 on)
• Linux and Windows scripting (PowerShell, VBA, Perl…).
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Exchange Server
• Open Source technologies (Apache, Drupal, Tomcat)
Valid through: 11/12/2021
$80K — $100K *
5 days ago
$140K — $160K *
4 days ago